About the Organization:
By creating supportive relationships between students and volunteer mentors, Boston Partners in Education ensures a more equitable city where every Boston Public Schools (BPS) student is equipped with the skills, opportunity, and confidence to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Boston Partners in Education recruits, trains, places, and supports volunteers to work with students in grades K-12, one-on-one or in small groups, primarily during the school day. Boston Partners in Education is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit, screen, and match academic mentors for schools in their portfolio
- Recruit, present to, and provide volunteer mentor/student matches for teachers and other relevant school personnel
- Provide support to volunteer mentors, teachers, families, and students once the match has been made
- Build on and deepen existing relationships with schools and work to develop new school partnerships as well as maintain existing partnerships
- Build on and deepen existing relationships with mentors to increase retention through newsletters, mentor development sessions, and emails
- Participate as a member of team meetings and programmatic events
- Participate in program- and organization-wide team building and strategic planning events
- Represent Boston Partners in Education at essential partnership and recruitment events (at times requiring some evening or weekend hours)
- Opportunities for management of part-time staff and interns
- Collaborate with staff to improve the collection, tabulation, analysis, and reporting of student and volunteer outcome data
- Use Salesforce proficiently for matching volunteer mentors with students and for reporting within the organization and to school partners
- Assist in ongoing efforts to use evaluation results to improve program effectiveness
- Continue to grow knowledge of the Salesforce system through training and independent work
- Work with the Senior Partnerships Manager, Community Engagement & Training Manager, and Executive Director to determine the strategic vision for programs
- Create and maintain a priority list of BPS schools to increase recruitment and retention of volunteer mentors and student matches
- Coordinate with Development Team to share stories about students’ successes/growth
- Support annual volunteer fundraising events
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
- English language fluency; multilingual in one of the following BPS languages strongly preferred: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Cape Verdean Creole, and/or Haitian Creole
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented planning skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel around the city
- Highly organized, ability to manage time with strong attention to details
- Capable of meeting concurrent deadlines
- Familiarity with databases, notably Salesforce, is a plus
- Minimum Associate degree or higher preferred, or commensurate work experience
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Word & Excel
Work Setting: Hybrid on-site/remote; job duties may be done mostly remotely, but attendance at some in-person meetings, events, etc. in Boston is necessary, including at least one day per week in our office.
Salary Range and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. The annual salary range is $45,000-$47,000. Boston Partners in Education takes into consideration relevant market data as well as internal parity when setting salary ranges. Because salary ranges are small and the internal review is thorough, offers are firm.
Boston Partners in Education’s benefits package includes generous paid time off, a flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and life/AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, a monthly commuter allowance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Equal Opportunity: Boston Partners in Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We serve and partner with a diverse population of schools, students and staff, and wish to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve. Boston Partners in Education prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: In accordance with applicable law, Boston Partners in Education requires current and future employees, whether full-time or part-time, to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination against COVID-19.
Employment Verification: In accordance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employment at Boston Partners in Education is at-will. Boston Partners in Education does not sponsor work authorization visas and does not cover relocation expenses.
To apply for this job please visit bostonpartners.freshteam.com.
City Year Detroit AmeriCorps members serve as Student Success Coaches from the morning bell to the end of the day...Read more about Meet City Year Detroit's Team Cody & Team Law!
Our partnership with C5LA provides AmeriCorps members with college and grad-school application support and support the professional and academic growth...Read more about Grad School Support for AmeriCorps Members through Our Partner, C5LA
City Year Detroit’s school team at Cody High School nominated Elizabeth Toye for our School Partner Spotlight because of...Read more about City Year Detroit School Partner Spotlight – Elizabeth Toye
City Year Detroit’s school team at Marion Law Academy nominated Nkosi Shorter for our School Partner Spotlight, in part,...Read more about City Year Detroit School Partner Spotlight - Nkosi Shorter