City Year Kansas City's annual fundraiser honoring the 2022 Idealists of the Year.
City Year’s annual gala on April 26th is a celebration of our students, AmeriCorps members, and community members who challenge cynicism and inspire others into action. This year, we’re hosting a live virtual program to support our critical work in schools. Our virtual event premieres tonight at 7:50pm CST. Click here to tune in.
Can’t join us for the virtual event? You can still support our work in schools by making a donation to City Year Kansas City today.
Interested in becoming an Idealist Gala sponsor? Email Development Director Katie Roby at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.
Honoring Kansas City’s Idealists of the Year
We define idealism as the belief that you have the passion, skills, and courage to change the world. Idealism isn’t just a positive mindset, it’s a culture grounded in actionable values.
This event will honor individuals who, like our AmeriCorps members, embody the spirit of idealism. Idealist of the Year Awards are given to individuals who are making a difference in the life of one person, an organization, or an entire community. All sponsors at the Silver Level and above can honor an Idealist from their organization who will be publicly recognized at the event.
- Jeff Hargroves, Board Chair | Founder & Board Member, ProPharma Group
- Karen Daniel | Chief Financial Officer (Retired), Black & Veatch
- Mark Donovan, Kansas City Chiefs
- Debbie Sosland-Edelman, The Sosland Foundation
- Jon Hile, Hall Family Foundation
- Lily Maxwell
- Anita Newton, CommunityAmerica Credit Union
- Matt Oates, Burns & McDonnell
- John Petersen, Polsinelli
- Katrina Radenberg, Mariner Wealth Advisors
- Corey Scholes, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Audra Clark
- Mary Meacham, TortoiseEcofin
- Curt Petersen, Polsinelli
- John Russ, UMB Bank
- Anthony Wilson, Microsoft