Canisius College graduate programs
City Year is proud to partner with Canisius College's graduate programs, offering 20% tuition discounts to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums.
Canisius College’s graduate programs offer City Year AmeriCorps members and alums
The Canisius Jesuit Mission Grant offers a 20% tuition discount for all accepted City Year applicants towards a master’s degree in business, education, leadership or counseling.
Scholarships are awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums who complete at least one year of full-time service.
The Jesuit Mission Grant cannot be combined with any other Canisius scholarships, tuition discounts or waivers. Applicants to the physician assistant program are ineligible.
- Business analytics—AACSB accredited
- Finance—AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Administration—AACSB accredited (online and on campus)
- Master of Business Administration in professional accounting—AACSB accredited
- Adolescence education
- Adolescence education—students with disabilities generalist seven-12
- Childhood education—special education grades one-six
- Childhood education—teaching English to speakers of other languages-graduate
- Differentiated instruction
- Educational leadership and supervision—includes school building leader, school district leader and school district business leader licenses (online)
- Higher education and student affairs administration
- Informal education and interpretation (online)
- Instructional technologies and curriculum design (online)
- Literacy education (online)
- Physical education—initial certification
- Physical education (online)
- Special education—advanced (online)
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (online)
- Teaching students with disabilities—adolescence
- Teaching students with disabilities—childhood
- Western New York Teacher Residency
- Application fee waiver
- Enrollment deferral: Canisius College will allow deferrals up to one year if accepted applicants decide to serve additional time with City Year.
Why City Year loves Canisius College’s graduate programs
Canisius College values your commitment to serving others and wants to help you achieve the education you need to further your career and continue to make a difference. Whether you want to advance your career or break into a new field, the right graduate program can make all the difference. Canisius College offers an array of distinguished programs in business, education, technology, sport administration and health, most offering the flexibility of online classes. Whatever you choose, you can expect a personalized experience that’s built around you and your goals.
To identify your City Year affiliation
To identify your City Year affiliation, please complete this form and submit a 300-word essay to the admissions office describing your year of service, lessons learned and what you hope to gain from your graduate education at Canisius College.
To apply for the scholarship
To be considered for the Jesuit Mission Grant, please request a service verification letter by emailing email@example.com with “Canisius College: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Within your email, include the site where you served and dates of service. Once this letter is emailed to you, please mail your completed form, essay and service verification letter to the address below:
Director of Graduate Admissions
Graduate Admissions Office
Old Main 101
2001 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14208
Alternatively, forms can also be emailed to the graduate admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the admissions office
Please call (716) 888-2545 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alums and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.